Thursday 16 February 2012

GOING ALL DUTCH...









As I mentioned in a previous post I have recently been to Holland, Ede to be precise. 
We have some friends that live there on the outskirts of the town in a village called Ederveen, they live in a beautiful thatched farm house. 
Although Ederveen is mostly a farming community the houses are so neat and tidy and the land and gardens are all so well manicured to complement the houses and even the trees are kept pruned and are all practically the same height!
Loving tidiness and order this suits me just fine and I think I have fallen in love with Holland! 
The people are all so lovely too!!


I want to share with you some of the photographs I took inside our friends farm house, these are mostly styling shots but show perfectly how beautiful grey and neutral tones can create a peaceful and calming environment.


One other thing I noticed about Dutch interior design is that they have a great knack of bringing the outside 'in' using twigs, wood, flowers and bulbs to create calming displays around the house.



These earthenware pots make a lovely display in the kitchen.



I think these old French cutting boards are fantastic, I have some at home too, they are great for doing foodie platters on when you have friends round and look great leaning against the wall like these or I actually have mine hanging.

Beautiful grey!!


See what I mean about the twiggy things!




This grey bannister looks so good against the sisal stair runner!

Mixing up styles is a great idea, the two pictures of lighting above are quite contrasting designs but both work beautifully!

Be brave and mix it up!


I want these tiles for my own kitchen, they were imported to Holland from France.


The house is painted with colours from the Carte Colori range, these are traditional lime paints which give the most beautiful chalky matte finish.

I hope this post has inspired you to see grey in a different light!!! X



No comments:

Post a Comment